Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Books...

are awesome! I spent all day Sunday and Monday just sitting in the sun on my back deck reading. I finished my first book of the summer-- The Amber Spyglass, last book of the His Dark Materials trilogy, out of which came the Golden Compass. I know what you are thinking, its a kid's series, but its really, really not. It's very dark and very interesting to see where the author gets his prejudices against the church and what he believes is the answer. A good series of books, terrible movie.

I then immediately order The Road by Cormac McCarthy on the suggestion of Reed and Dr. Shaw. Unfortunately that will take a few days to arrive, so while I wait I found the Space trilogy by CS Lewis and am going to read the first 1 or 2 books of that, as they are very short. I have heard good things about it from friends.

When I am not reading or working, however, I am watching The West Wing, an amazing show that I am fully engrossed in.

And now, I leave you with the greatest gift I can on this fair Tuesday.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for that gift. it was amazing.
i'm reading books too.
yay for summer! i miss you ryan harter!

Anonymous said...

You are lucky that you have the self control to wait for a book. I know its less expensive to buy online, but I always give in and buy it for full price a book store because I can't wait.
Let me know what you think of the road. and, let me know when you finish Darjeeling Limited.

jeffrey greene said...

yes...i agree about reading lately. in fact, i generally don't like reading, but the past month i have been a full-on nerd about it. i'm reading while cooking, driving, etc. strange you mentioned the road by cormac mccarthy because i just read it and love it. and even though i'm a little ashamed...i'm reading the twilight series by stephenie meyer--i love vampires! shhh...don't tell.

Anonymous said...

love you man, and i appreciate the video.

Anonymous said...

love you man, and i appreciate the video.