Friday, July 25, 2008

Ambitions

Yesterday was awesome for me because I got to take a step towards achieving one of my life's goals: Being able to do every board sport I physically can. This may seem like a stupid goal to some people, and maybe it is. But I love everything I've ever done on a board so much that I don't see a reason not to do everything. I don't know what it is, but it is such a rush. The speed, the fluidity, the balance, precision, and tenacity required to do it well. I'm not very good at a whole lot of things, but I'm pretty good on a board and I pick things up quickly, so this is my goal.

Yesterday I got to move one board up the list: windsurfing. I discovered last week that my friend's mom has a windsurf and after some convincing, I got him to get it all together and take it out. I did my research before hand and I was ready. So after a long, wet afternoon, I was able to tack back and forth several times without falling. Success. It was much more difficult that I thought it would be, but it was well worth the effort. So, here is my updated list:

Boards completed:
  1. Longboarding
  2. Snowboarding

Boards I can do, but not well enough to cross off:

  1. Skimboarding
  2. Skateboarding
  3. Wakeboarding
  4. Windsurfing

Boards I have yet to do:

  1. Sandboarding
  2. Mountain boarding
  3. Kite boarding
  4. Kite surfing
  5. Surfing
  6. Wake skating
  7. Skurfing
  8. Kneeboarding
  9. River boarding
  10. Skysurfing
  11. Hoverboarding (seriously, they have it)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok- Ryan voice from the past - this is Mark Woodward..
Please don't add "waterboarding"
that is one you can skip!