Saturday, July 19, 2008

Exploration

So in the last 2 months I've really decided to broaden my music tastes and I've been exploring new genres and artists. Many of them I have found from the best radio station ever, 90.3 KEXP. Many others have been things my roommates were listening to and I never took the time too. Many of them I am just going out and finding. So here is a small list of the things I have learned to appreciate in the last month or so...

  1. Islands
  2. Punch Brothers
  3. Styx (from seeing them live)
  4. Say Hi
  5. Fleet Foxes
  6. The Wombats
  7. the new Beck cd
  8. The Flaming Lips
  9. Outkast
  10. The Wombats
  11. Albert Hammond Jr.
  12. Bright Eyes
  13. Tegan and Sarah
  14. Rise Against
  15. John Legend
  16. Metro Station
  17. The Unicorns
And finally, there is one artist that is just coming up in the world from around here that I think you should listen to. His name is Colin Isler and he's very good and you can find his music here. He also plays cello for a post-rock band called Post Harbor. You can find them in his top friends on his Myspace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

modern guilt man.

good stuff.

i've been a lifelong beck addict

kylee said...

fleet foxes.some vineyard in eagle. with wilco.august 20th. be there.square

jeffrey greene said...

its about time you started listening to connor oberst! and seriously, the islands...good choice. just saw andrew bird last night...blew my mind.