Sunday, March 30, 2008

The difficulty of blogs

The thing that is happening now is the thing that I knew would happen from the beginning. I started a blog and now I have no motivation to write in it. It's terrible. I could write about several things that have happened this week:

  1. We had the play this week
  2. My aunt was here
  3. I went out to dinner with some friends
Okay, so in writing this list my plan was to list all the things I've done and then say I don't want to blog about it, but now I do want to talk about some things that happened this week.

I finally watched Adaptation and I think it's one of the most well-written movies ever. Charlie Kaufman is a genius and he blows my mind. As does the acting ability of some people. It starred Chris Cooper, Meryl Streep, and Nicholas Cage, and they all played characters that I had never seen in them before. It's amazing to me what some people can do when they have the right inspiration and direction. I'm gonna say that again: it's amazing to me what some people can do when they have the right inspiration and direction. I think I could write a whole blog on that, but I have other things I want to write about. sorry.

Last night I went to dinner with Lissetta, Dani, and Tyler, and Katie joined us half-way through. I'm not sure if there's anything I enjoy more than going out to dinner with a small group of friends. It gives you a chance to just sit down and talk with a few people for a while without being interrupted by other people or distractions. After dinner we, well I (Lissetta ditched me after driving back) went to Corlett to meet up with Dani, Katie, and Tyler again, and after some strong convincing towards Katie, we left to go find something to do. I'm glad we could get Katie to go, she's a lot of fun and I have never really hung out with her.

So we got in my car and I just started driving. The drive began with hoods up, rap music, and Katie freaking out about being shot for being stupid white kids, and from there we just kept driving. We didn't stop driving all night except to get Tyler a Slurpee and to get out at Table Rock for a little while. I love just driving. Its so relaxing. You can talk, you can yell, you can rock out, or you can just sit in silence and nobody has to feel uncomfortable. I think that if I could I would spend the rest of my life driving in cars and eating dinner with friends. Nothing makes me happier. So I am happy.

And I am listening to Til Kingdom Come by Coldplay and that solidifies my happiness.

No comments: